The Spirit of the Operation
… in the Hellenic Council of State (Συμβούλιο της Επικρατείας), the relevant Presidential Decree for the Electronic Identity of a Building calls for the complete record of all the real property of the country, in the existing and actual conditions.
- This ordinance, through the electronic procedure, promotes the transparency in the market, while intellectualising the circumstances and reducing the externalities, whereas it advances the accuracy of information to be provided.
- It upgrades the property rights of a citizen, while constituting an analytical record of the conditions of a building, promoting the safety of the transactions and featuring the value of every immovable property.
Materialising the identity of a building is important for the safety of buildings and constructions as well. With this new ordinance, the state is reminded about its obligation to secure the safety of the constructions. The identity of the building constitutes the illustration of the actual conditions of a property and it is a request by the ‘technical’ public, holding 25 years by now. It is the present day materialised for the first time by “ΥΠΕΚΑ” in cooperation with “ΤΕΕ”. It is not concerned with the designs, but the actual, at any time, illustration of the existing conditions of the property.
Once it is actuated, it will constitute a basic element of the property market. Due to the function of the informational system, the certificate of the engineer and the Energy Performance Certificate are replaced by the Certificate of Completeness of Building or Ownership, while the former two will be part of the latter. The data basis will be connected to the Cadastre, “ΔΕΗ” (Hellenic Public Power Corporation) and the Ministry of Finance.
The Features …
- All the legal, without anything unauthorised, buildings must acquire the electronic identity of the building so that they become part of the electronic system of the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change (“Υ.Π.Ε.Κ.Α.”) within 10 (ten) years time limit. Otherwise, the building will be considered arbitrary and the owners will be subjected to sanctions.
- All the buildings or the proprietorships which are regulated by the S(Statute).4178/2013 or were regulated by S.4014/2011 & S.3843/2010, must obtain the electronic identity of buildings within 5 (five) years.
- The buildings for which the building permit was issued after the 1/3/2012 must issue the identity immediately with the implementation of the new measure of identity
The implementation will normally start in the middle of 2014.
The completion of the building identity will be mandatory without abidance to the time limits in cases such as…
- conveyance of real property,
- issuing of building permit or approval of small scale constructions.
Initially, the details of the identity will be completed and must be updated…
- after the inspection of the works and
- periodically according to the usage of the building.
Finally, the following will be issued…
- Certificate of Completion of building,
- Certificate of completion of independent divided proprietorship,
- Certificate of inspection of construction by the Building Service.
Qualified Engineers will perform inspections of identity…
- Every 8 years for buildings of public gatherings
- Every 10 years for houses
- Every 15 years for storage places and car stations.
In case of false data from the qualified Engineer of the declaration, it means according to its importance attached…
- 2000€ to 20000€ fine and
- suspension of practice licence of the profession for 2 to 24 months.
Sanctions are imposed to the owner for not abiding to the Presidential Decree.
- Building permit
- Authorised plans of the permit
- Energy Performance Certificate
- Floor plans
- Any review of the permit
- Document of inspection of architectural study
- Document of inspection of static study
- Document of inspection of electromechanical facilities
- Video for the facilities